I find myself unsurprisingly behind at accepting these amazing awards from some truly Captivating bloggers. Please bear with me as I sort of cheat and combine several of these awards into one. My mood state lately has been somewhat sketchy and just doesn’t allow for the amount of work that goes into each one of these alone, but I want to make sure that everyone is recognized!
I’m going to put nominations at the end for blogs that I just think are great and should be recognized. Hopefully you all forgive me for this!
Rida Yumn Ahmed over at Merakiforever nominated me for this award. It’s a great blog with a variety of things, including some great art work. Please go check it out.
The rules of this award are pretty simple:
List 7 interesting things about yourself and nominate 15 people.
- I recently switched to black coffee. I never realized I actually liked the taste of coffee without cream and sugar in it. Who knew?
- I have a cat that has long hair on one side of her body and short hair on the other divided all the way down her spine. It’s the strangest thing.
- I hold two entirely useless bachelor’s degrees in History and Interdisciplinary Humanities.
- I started University as a Theatre major.
- I went to law school for 2 weeks.
- I hold a certificate in Homeland Security.
- I am a giant geek of a Michael Jackson fan.
I am so thankful to be nominated for this award as well by two separate bloggers! JGC Blog and Bipolar Barb have both nominated me for this award. JGC’s blog is GORGEOUS and covers all kinds of things cultural and you should DEFINITELY go check it out. Bipolar Barb writes about her experience with mental illness and it’s poignant and topical and worth a read.
So, what is a Mystery Blogger Award?
The creator of this award, Okoto Enigma, says “It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.”
The Rules Are:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog, as well as to the specific post in which you were nominated. That way, the blogger who nominated you will receive a Pingback and know that you posted your answers and will be able to read them!
- Mention the creator of the award.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 10-20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share your link to your best post (s).
Since I’m doing two of these, I have 10 questions to answer:
A. Best love quote? (It’s a little sad)
“I am always disappointed with someone who loves me – how perfect can he be if he can’t see through me?” -Carrie Fisher
B. Favorite Color?
I can’t pick one. I really like order and color so I’m kind of a rainbow person. I think that goes back to the 80’s thing when they were everywhere. I think I still have my Rainbow Brite doll somewhere…
C. Book or Song that truly changed your life?
Carrie Fisher’s Postcards From the Edge. I read that book and for the first time it felt like someone else knew exactly what I was going through.
D. What is your favorite food?
Anything with cheese.
E. Where would you like to travel this year?
Somewhere up north in Michigan. I know it’s not exotic. I love my state and it’s beautiful in the summer.
From Bipolar Barb:
A. How long have you been blogging?
Since May of 2017.
B. Who do you want to reach with your blog?
Anyone with a curiosity about mental illness, life, or Bipolar Disorder in particular.
C. As a blogger, you’re comfortable writing for an audience. Would you be comfortable speaking in front of an audience?
In a heartbeat.
D. Do you believe reading improves your writing?
E. (Funny Question) Please play along, even if you aren’t a Star Wars fan. If you could, which Star Wars character would you be?
Leia of course.
My 5 Questions:
- What do you want to be doing five years from now?
- Who do you most look up to and why (alive or dead, famous or family)?
- What do you do first in the morning?
- What is your favorite song?
- (Silly) What is the oldest thing in your fridge?
My Best Posts:
I was nominated for this award by Drondstadblog who has an AMAZING writing blog full of fantastic stories as well as observations about everyday life in his home country. Please go visit.
Write a post thanking to the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging site.
Answer the questions asked of you by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify them about the same by comments on their blog.
- Make new questions.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo on your site or in your post.
My Questions to Answer:
A. What book are you reading?
A biography of Mae West- an early 1930’s ish Hollywood star.
B. What is your favourite drink?
C. What place would you like to visit?
D. If a rocket leaves Earth in 550 km/h and you have 5 apples, what color are your underwear?
Am I on the rocket? It changes my answer…
E. Sun or the Moon?
F. What genre do you like reading and why?
Quest fantasy type stuff because it takes me away from things, but I read a lot of genres.
G. What are your favourite names for boys and girls and why?
We had little boys next door once named Hudson and Carson. I really liked those names. Not sure about girls. Old ones.
H. What have you learned from blogging?
A lot about myself.
I. You got a gun in your hands, what do you do with it?
Go target shooting.
J. You get to talk with a celebrity, what is the first question you ask them?
Did they ever meet Carrie Fisher?
K. How do you deal with people you don’t like?
Avoidance if at all possible.
My Questions for my Nominees:
- What is your favorite song?
- What state or country are you from and what are you known for there?
- If you knew there was only a year left of time on earth, do you think you would be a better or worse person and why?
- What would you do if you woke up 5 years younger?
- 5 years older?
- Suddenly there are no cell phones. Can you survive?
- Sun or Moon?
- Why do you blog?
- Favorite food?
- Coke or Pepsi?
- Post your favorite post.
If you don’t see your blog down here, please don’t feel left out. I hate doing this part because I feel like I am stalking people. Feel free to add your blog link in the comments and I can throw it on here as well if I’ve missed you.
Check out these FANTASTIC BLOGS!!
PLEASE do not feel left out. I’m all over the place lately. Just toss your link in my comments and I’ll add it above. Thanks!!!! -K